Monday, February 9, 2015

“We, the church, are not ready for the coming of the Saviour!

Is this the Church victorious, triumphant? Covetous. divorcing, depressed, worldly-minded, grasping for materialism and success, competitive, complacent, lukewarm, tolerant, adulterous, rich and increased with goods, unaware [or unconcerned] that spiritual blindness has overtaken them, pleasure-loving, recreation-minded, consumed with sports, politics, and power - is this what Christ Jesus came and died for?

The Bible says He is coming back for an overcoming Church! A Church without spot or wrinkle! A people whose affections are on things above. A people with clean hands and pure hearts. A people who are looking for His coming! A people with a new Jerusalem state of mind.” [David Wilkerson, World Challenge]

Daniel fell as though dead. Hananiah, Mishael, Azariah , John, Paul…, all acknowledged the holiness of their God. But we today…

The question can no longer be; What can I get from God? Self must no longer be our focus. The question must become - How shall I stand before Him? Is my heart and my life completely His? What sin in my life is keeping me from being all that God would have me be…

will I be able to stand when He appears?’ Malachi 3:2  

1 comment:

  1. On a somewhat similar note, take time to watch this - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3G7BWRrKUM&feature=youtu.be

    ReplyDelete