The Heavens Declare the Glory of God, the Firmament the Work of His Hand

The Heavens Declare the Glory of God, the Firmament the Work of His Hand

Subscribe to receive notifications of new posts via email.

Monday, February 9, 2015

“We, the church, are not ready for the coming of the Saviour!

Is this the Church victorious, triumphant? Covetous. divorcing, depressed, worldly-minded, grasping for materialism and success, competitive, complacent, lukewarm, tolerant, adulterous, rich and increased with goods, unaware [or unconcerned] that spiritual blindness has overtaken them, pleasure-loving, recreation-minded, consumed with sports, politics, and power - is this what Christ Jesus came and died for?

The Bible says He is coming back for an overcoming Church! A Church without spot or wrinkle! A people whose affections are on things above. A people with clean hands and pure hearts. A people who are looking for His coming! A people with a new Jerusalem state of mind.” [David Wilkerson, World Challenge]

Daniel fell as though dead. Hananiah, Mishael, Azariah , John, Paul…, all acknowledged the holiness of their God. But we today…

The question can no longer be; What can I get from God? Self must no longer be our focus. The question must become - How shall I stand before Him? Is my heart and my life completely His? What sin in my life is keeping me from being all that God would have me be…

will I be able to stand when He appears?’ Malachi 3:2  

1 comment:

  1. On a somewhat similar note, take time to watch this - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3G7BWRrKUM&feature=youtu.be

    ReplyDelete