Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Earlier today a friend emailed requesting prayer for her sister living in NYC. Power was out and it was bitter cold. I along with many others prayed. This evening an email was sent - power had been restored.

The first words of the email were; “cant believe it.” My friend then told how ConEd seldom works efficiently or in a timely manner. The last words of the email were: “God is good.”

I was blessed to be a part of a missionary group that traveled to NYC in early January. I saw first hand the poverty of the city. A week or so after returning home a major storm was forecast for NYC. Remembering its beautiful people, its poverty its homeless I prayed fervently that God would protect this beautiful city. He graciously answered my prayer. Imagine my surprise at the reaction of the city as the storm passed them by. There was no hint of gratitude, only condemnation for the mayor, and grumbling for their inconvenience.

I’d like to think otherwise but perhaps these two incidents show more clearly the mindset of the vast majority of Americans.

God answers a prayer - “cant believe it.” Storms pass us by - karma, luck. Majoring on our self and not our Saviour we fail to see the goodness of God so we grumble we complain.

“Father forgive them, they know not what they do.”

No comments:

Post a Comment