Monday, February 2, 2015

All born again, blood bought, heaven bound children of God will have tribulation, trials, testing and troubles. All who live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution. Heartache comes when we least expect it; in all shapes, sizes, colors, types and shadows. But if we are to overcome, and overcome we must, we need to be prepared, armed and ready for battle.

God’ Word is clear, we must study to show ourselves approved unto God, a workman that need not be ashamed, rightly dividing The Word of God.

Reading Psalm 91 one might not readily grasp the significance of its words or their meaning. These are the promises of God, written to those that are His. Perhaps it was just me who skipped over these covenant promises, ignoring the nuggets of gold God had lovingly placed in my path. Thanks to a dear friend, I once was blind, but now I see. If I may, please allow me to share insight that opened my eyes to provisions God has given His children, provisions that we all too often do not grasp or grab hold of as a drowning man would eagerly grab onto a life raft.

Vs. 1-2 of Psalm 91 says; He [I/me/you/we] who dwells in the shelter [we gotta be shelter dwellers] of the Most High will abide [remain beside or near] in the shadow of the Almighty. How close do we have to be to someone to be in their shadow? If we declare the LORD is our refuge, our fortress, our deliver, confessing with our lips and with our lives that we have total trust in Him - acknowledging Him as our God, our Refuge, our Protector, our Deliver then vs. 3-16, become the promises of God we can cling to when things get tough, the road gets hard, and the nights are lonely and cold. He will deliver us from terror, fear, evil, plagues, pestilence, [disease] and destruction.

Grab onto these covenant promises God has placed in His Word. Grab hold and hold on tightly. Do not allow anything to snatch them from your heart or your mind. Our lives are filled with twists and turns, ups and downs, sorrow, tears and pain, but it is comforting at least to me, that He promised in His Word;

“A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you. You will only look with your eyes and see the recompense of the wicked.” vs. 7-8

I have chosen to make it personal - Because I hold fast to Him in love, He will deliver me; God will protect me, because I know His Name. When I call to Him, He will answer me; He will be with me in trouble; He will rescue me and honor me. With long life will He satisfy me and show me His Salvation. vs. 14-16  

I pray you will do the same.


“God causes all things to work to the good for those who love Him.” Romans 8:28






 
 
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment