The Heavens Declare the Glory of God, the Firmament the Work of His Hand

The Heavens Declare the Glory of God, the Firmament the Work of His Hand

Subscribe to receive notifications of new posts via email.

Thursday, August 15, 2013

O that old rugged cross, so despised by the world,  has a wondrous attraction for me;  for the dear Lamb of God left His glory above to bear it to dark Calvary.

In that old rugged cross, stained with blood so divine,  a wondrous beauty I see,  for ’twas on that old cross Jesus suffered and died, to pardon and sanctify me.

To the old rugged cross I will ever be true;  its shame and reproach gladly bear;  then He’ll call me some day to my home far away, where His glory forever I’ll share...

And I will stand amazed in the presence of Jesus the Nazarene, and wonder how He could love me, a sinner condemned unclean, or will I be able to stand at all.?.

I can only imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment