Tuesday, August 27, 2013

It sounds trite to say I love you.

As I have come to understand just how much God, our Abba Father, our Creator and sustainer of life has done for me, I love Him so much, yet “ I love You” seems so insignificant.

The Word of God speaks of love:

For God so loved the world…. John 3:16

God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8


Over and over The Word tells us how much God loves us; and over and over it tells us how we are to love others:

let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God. 1 John 4:7

 

with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love…Ephesians 4:2

But, how to love God…..

We are to abide in Him. We are to offer sacrifice of praise, we are to be obedient to do what He has told us in His Word. We are told to love the LORD our God with all our heart and with all our soul and with all our strength.. Deuteronomy 6:5

Knowing I owe His so much and have so little to offer Him in return for all He has given me brings tears to my eyes.

I am grateful He can see my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment