Thursday, January 5, 2012

George Muller, once said, "the vigor of our spiritual life will be in exact proportion to the place held by the Bible in our life and thoughts."

"For if we would judge ourselves, we would not be judged." 1 Corinthians 11:31

The truth about "I" ~ the truth about "me" is that I/me's say very little of value apart from The Word of God.

I/me's say unkind, hurtful things to others and about others - and apart from applying The Word of God to their lives will continue to do so.

I/me's think more highly of themselves than they should - and apart from applying The Word of God to their lives will continue to do so.

I/me's believe the best about self - while questioning the motives and actions of others - and apart from The Word of God...

I/me's needs a huge dose of humility - and apart from applying The Word of God in their lives will never seek to be humbled.

I/me's must bow the knee and confess that I/me is a sinner -  daily acting against The Word of God. I/me's must bow before a holy, righteous and loving God - confessing daily how far short I/me has fallen from the glory of God - a God who will heal, deliver and restore if I/me will but ask, repent and return.

I/me must remember that apart from God, I/me can do nothing. It's in The Word - His Word. Yet apart from applying The Word of God in their lives, I/me's will remain a noisy gong and a clanging cymbal. 

"God resists the proud, but gives grace to the humble. Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time, casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you." 1 Peter 5:5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment