Friday, May 16, 2014

What an interesting week this has been.

Had occasion to spend a couple of nights in the hospital following minor surgery. Met John, a nice nurse in the OR. John shared he was Jewish and attending a Christian congregation. His parents were not pleased. I encouraged him to pray for them that they might receive Yeshua as their Messiah. He shrugged his shoulders and said it was their choice to make, stating “it is what it is.” I told him that he really did not want them to die in their sins and spend eternity in hell - to which he again just shrugged his shoulders.

Arriving at my room, I met a wonderful nurse named Jackie. Jackie was obviously a lesbian. Engaging her in conversation, my suspicions were confirmed. Jackie told me she hoped I would not hold it against her. I knew  there were choices I had to make. Would I love her in spite of her sinful lifestyle, showing the love of Jesus or…. I choose to love. We had a good couple of days. I never said a word about Jesus, homosexuality or sin, I just showed her love. When she left we hugged and I vowed in my heart to pray for her and her partner.

The therapist came by to help with physical therapy. We chatted about this and that. She shared she was a single mom of two. A son, age seven and a daughter four months. The son was from a previous marriage, the daughter from a boyfriend she has since broken up with. She also told me about the wonderful church she had been attending for about two years. They welcome everyone she told me and it had made such a difference in her life.

As we become bolder in sharing the gospel, the Holy Spirit will bring those into our lives who need love, a kind word, encouragement, prayer or…. the list is endless. We must not shy away from our witness for the LORD.

Heal their blind eyes oh LORD, that they might see and believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment