Thursday, April 24, 2014

It is always the other person´ fault, the other one needs to change, not me.

Seldom do we hear, or even think of saying: "O God, change me."

We spend far too much time praying, "God, change my circumstances; my coworkers; change my family, my situation, the conditions in my life." But we seldom pray this most important prayer: "Change me, Lord. The real trouble is not my spouse, my siblings, my friends, my job, my bank account, or my circumstances. The real problem is “me”

I am the one standing in need of prayer and of change.

“But now, O Lord, thou art our Father; we are the clay, and thou our potter; and we all are the work of thy hand.” Isaiah 64:8


“And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. For whom He did foreknow, He also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren.” Romans 8:28-29

[ snippets from sermon archives, time square church]

No comments:

Post a Comment