Thursday, January 3, 2013

I want the church to be truthful and honest, and it isn’t always.

I want the leadership to teach me from a strong biblical foundation, and they don’t always.

I want the messages from the pulpit to be relevant to our times, to teach and to train the congregants how to live in this fallen world, and they fall short all too often.

I am disillusioned, I am disappointed and I am frustrated over the church.

But then,

Maybe it’s time "I" realized that if "I" want disillusionment and disappointment to disappear, my grief to turn to joy, the first person who has to change is me.

In Matthew 11:28, Jesus invites us ~ "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."

Whenever I become I become frustrated, disillusioned, disappointed…. My LORD’ constant, unconditional reassuring words and love will provide the comfort and courage I need to face the challenges that will come.

The LORD is my ultimate peace, my joy and my security - not the church.


His kingdom is not of this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment