Wednesday, July 6, 2011

"The days of punishment are coming, the days of reckoning are at hand. Let Israel [and I add America] know this. Because your sins are so many and your hostility so great, the prophet is considered a fool, the inspired man a maniac." Hosea 9:7

The world's largest church is one that teaches a New Age theology, denying all the fundamental truths of the Bible. With over 20 million enthusiastic members in the United States who adore their pastor — Oprah Winfrey.

A rags-to-riches sensation, her net worth is now estimated to be more than one billion dollars. A Gallup poll ranked her as the 4th most important woman in the entire history of the world!

"For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear." 2 Timothy 4:3

Oprah Winfrey, the world's most popular and powerful woman, is also the most dangerous. Emerging as New Age High Priestess, she has deceived millions into rejecting God's Word and embracing, instead, a convoluted theology that is straight from the pit of Hell.

Oprah claims to be a Christian and vehemently denies being a New Ager:

"I am not New Age anything, and I resent being called that. I am trying to open a door so that people can see themselves more clearly and perhaps be the light to get to God, whatever they may call that. I don't see spirits in the trees, and I don't sit in a room with crystals."

Referring to God as "whatever" a person "may call that" she asserts that human beings can be "the light" to get to God. Being born again says Oprah is the same as "being connected to the higher Self," adding that when the Bible says, "ask and it shall be given," we are being prompted to seek answers from our "intuitive Self."

"God is not "hung up" on what we believe about Him. "Whatever that force is, it doesn't care what you call it. He doesn't have an ego problem.I believe in the FORCE. I call it God."

"Jesus said: “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. If you had known me, you would have known my Father... believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me? The words that I say to you I do not speak on my own authority, but the Father who dwells in me does his works. Believe me that I am in the Father and the Father is in me, or else believe on account of the works themselves."
John 14

"...one of the biggest mistakes humans make is to believe that there is only one way. Actually there are many diverse paths leading to what you call God." When one of her audience members disagreed, testifying that she believed Jesus is the only way to God, Oprah lost her temper and shouted, "There couldn't possibly be only one way!" adding she felt that "God cares more about our hearts than He does about what we believe about Jesus."

"The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth." John 14:6

edited from an article by Dr. David Reagan, Lamb and Lion Ministries

"...Remember, beloved, the predictions of the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ. They said to you, “In the last time there will be scoffers, following their own ungodly passions.” Jude 1 


2 comments:

  1. And we are, indeed, surrounded by scoffers. The hour is late and this is evidenced by the masses flocking toward whatever tickles the ears. Thank you for this excellent article!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed we must not grow weary in well-doing, nor slack in our stand for truth. The road is narrowing daily - and many are choosing to get off and find an easier path.

    Remembering Pilgrim's Progress should give us pause.

    ReplyDelete