Saturday, October 24, 2009

"Therefore I said; "Surely these are poor - They are foolish; for they do not know the way of the Lord, The judgment of their God.

...Because their transgressions are many; their backslidings have increased. How shall I pardon you for this? Your children have forsaken Me and sworn by those that are not gods. When I had fed them to the full, then they committed adultery and assembled themselves by troops in the harlots houses." Jeremiah 5:4-6

“...unless you repent you will all likewise perish." Luke 13:3, 5


Because Jesus is both the Son of God and the Son of Man, He has been appointed to judge mankind. Our Saviour said:

"For as the Father has life in Himself, so He has granted the Son to have life in Himself, and has given Him authority to execute judgment also, because He is the Son of Man. Do not marvel at this; for the hour is coming in which all who are in the graves will hear His voice and come forth -- those who have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of condemnation. I can of Myself do nothing. As I hear, I judge; and My judgment is righteous, because I do not seek My own will but the will of the Father who sent Me" John 5:26-30

What fools are they who, for a drop of pleasure, drink a sea of wrath - Thomas Watson

No comments:

Post a Comment