Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone. Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works. James 2:17-18

It seems that the only Scripture a Bible-believer knows about good works is that we are not saved by them and that they are virtually insignificant. But James' argument is simple... People act according to their beliefs. He minces no words in describing the specific spiritual actions expected of Christians.

"And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God, and books were opened. And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. And the dead were judged, each one according to his works." Revelation 20:12-13

Judged by works? You gotta be kidding?

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven." Matthew 5:16

"I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work." John 9:4

It's getting darker and darker. It's time to get to work

No comments:

Post a Comment