Tuesday, August 19, 2014

"I will rejoice in thy salvation."—Psalm 9:14.

"True salvation is of God because it draws toward God. If thou hast God's salvation, thou art being drawn towards thy heavenly Father, nearer and nearer every day. The ungodly forget God; the awakened seek God; but the saved rejoice in God.

"Salvation is of the Lord," from first to last. He makes the rough draft of it, in conviction, upon our conscience; he goes on to complete the picture; and if there be one touch in the picture that is not of God, it is a blot upon it. If there be anything of the flesh, it will have to be wiped out; it is not consistent with the work of God. Of God is it in all respects.

I will enter heaven with this upon my heart and upon my lip,' I will rejoice in thy salvation!"

To read this wonderful sermon by Charles H. Spurgeon in its entirety, please visit -
http://www.spurgeon.org/sermons/3503.htm

2 comments:

  1. This looks like it's worth checking out, thank you for posting Ali. I do admire the teaching/preaching of Spurgeon; I will book mark this and read later.

    God bless you dear sister
    Lyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Truly a man of God. Wish we had one or two like him today.

    Yes, it really was a very good message.

    ReplyDelete