Monday, April 8, 2013

With the legalization of abortion, drugs and homosexuality, with the removal of prayer in school, removal of the ten commandments and crosses in public venues, with tolerance and universalism slowly eroding The Truth in mainstream denominations, with governmental abuse of power one has to wonder how true are these words: 

As the deer pants for the water, so my soul pants after Thee...

sung in churches across America, written on postcards, in prayer journals and meditation books - 

Yet ~ Does our soul really pant after our GOD? Does our soul really thirst for the Living Water? Do we really weep day and night, fasting and praying for the sins and the lost souls among us?

We as His children would do well to remember and take to heart ALL of Psalm 42, for it is through much persecution and problems, prayer, petition and praise that change occurs and we see the glory of our God.
 
1. As the deer pants for the water, so my soul pants after Thee.How I thirst for living water. How much longer will it be? Tears have been my food both day and night. Mem-'ries yearn of better days. All the times of joy, thanksgiving seem so very far away.

2. Deep calls to still deeper waters: waves and breakers sweep o'er me. Am I now to be forgotten? Left in mortal agony? Why so downcast, O my troubled soul? Put your hope in God and prayer. Ever shall God my direction be. Ever am I in God's care!

3. Loving kindness through the daytime. My Lord: my hope in times of strife. At night, Your song shall e'er be with me: a prayer unto my God, my life!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment