Monday, September 24, 2012

"Christians are facing rising hostility" writes my friend Berit Kjos. "Today's America -- a nation accustomed to peace and prosperity may soon face unthinkable turmoil, lawlessness and scarcity. Some news reports even suggest the imminence of a third world war.

We are surrounded by moral corruption, our freedoms are fading fast." But those of us who have put our faith, our hope our trust in God stand on an unshakable foundation - Jesus Christ our LORD; and He who has promised is faithful.
"Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?... Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. " Romans 8:35-39

2 comments:

  1. wonderful reminder dear sister; I too believe we are on the verge of something 'unthinkable' concerning this nation and its arrogant, sinful ways. Looking past all this and focusing on our Lord keeps me at peace, and excited knowing His return is drawing ever so close.

    Psalm 56:11 'in God I trust; I shall not be afraid. What can man do to me?'
    Psalm 118:6 'The LORD is on my side; I will not fear. What can man do to me?'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the days are growing darker, troubles surround, BUT GOD...............

    Shalom..!..

    ReplyDelete