Thursday, August 23, 2012

Pascal wrote:

"There is a God-shaped vacuum in the heart of every man which cannot be filled by any created thing, but only by God, the Creator, made known through Jesus."

Yet man, in his sinful. depraved state continues to try.

This was posted on Facebook by a young man who seems to be searching and thinks he has found the answers to his questions - filling the void in his heart. Pray that the Holy Spirit will reveal truth to this young man:

"I now worship the sun. Its been there for me since before I was born. Giver of life it rises and sets with beauty and poise. I aspire to be like the sun. Always radiant and warming the world with its love. It tirelessly gives and asks for nothing in return. It does not pass judgement, it does not demand my prayers or good works, it simply leads by example every day. I love you sun, you have done more for me than anyone or anything else. Without you the world would be a dark cold and desolate place. Thank you sun for bringing me the day."

A Christian's response:

I now worship the SON. He's been there for me since before I was knit together in my mother's womb. The Giver/Creator of life, He never slumbers or sleeps and walks in beauty ~ the Giver of Grace and Love. I aspire to be like the SON, always radiant and warming the world with His Love. He tirelessly gives to us, asking only to be recognized for Who He is and honored in return. He is the Righteous Judge who has, in love, taken the punishment His Justice demands upon Himself on my behalf. He does not demand my prayers but longs for communication with me which I am invited to have with Him through prayer. Any good works I can do in thanksgiving to Him, gives me a reason for the gift of Life He has given. He came from His royal abode as God to be born as a babe into the world He created and grew up to show me He understands my difficulties, my temptations, my heartbreak and my pain. Then, He took the penalty I deserved for ignoring Him, living a disobedient life and died a torturous humiliating death in my place, bringing Life into His body once again three days later to show me that this life is not all there is. I love You, SON! You have done more for me than anyone [or anyting] else! Without You the world would be a dark and desolate place.

Thank You, SON, for giving me this day. Help me use it wisely to honor You and help others.  Help me to worship the Creator, not the creation.

No comments:

Post a Comment