Saturday, March 31, 2012

"Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths." Proverbs 3:5-6

As our daughter makes plans to go to M.D. Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, this song continues to play over and over in my head:

'One day at a time sweet Jesus, that's all I'm askin' of you. Just give me the strength to do every day what I have to do. Yesterday's gone sweet Jesus and tomorrow may never be mine. Lord, help me today, show me the way ~ One day at a time.'

Words escape me, the pain in my heart unbearable as I struggle to come to grips with this evil yet one more time.

My G-d IS able, I am clinging even more tightly to Him today than I did yesterday or the day before; wondering how those who do not know my precious L-RD make it through the tough places in their lives. Many choose alcohol, drugs, suicide - a cheap imitation of the glorious peace found only in our L-RD, for He truly IS my hiding place.

"Though the fig tree should not blossom, nor fruit be on the vines, the produce of the olive fail and the fields yield no food, the flock be cut off from the fold and there be no herd in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord;I will take joy in the God of my salvation. God, the Lord is my strength;
He makes my feet like the deer’s; He makes me tread on my high places." Habakkuk 3:17-19

We covert your prayers for our family and our daughter Alisha as together our family fights the good fight of faith.

6 comments:

  1. My heart goes out to you, I consider it a privilege and an honor to pray for you and your family.


    Our God is merciful, He is compassionate, and He is our hiding place. He will give you strength to get through whatever He's ordained...trust in Him.

    With much love,
    lyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm leaning on His everlasting arms. Thank you for your prayers. This is the third cancer in 4 years, this time a tumor behind her ear, she has already gone deaf in that ear.

    If it were not for my L-rd...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear precious sister ali-I'm more than happy to find out about what is going on in your life so I can lift you and your daughter and family up to the Lord. I did not know and I've spoken with you a few times on the Sola Sisters blog. I enjoy your comments sis.

    The Lord is always good ali and we find our hope and joy solely in him. And that song "One day at a time sweet Jesus",, I love it.. I had the Lord place that line on my heart one day when I kept looking too far past today and I was being so burdened and heavy laden. It causes us to be so overloaded. Just walk with Jesus today he's all you need and he sympathizes sis

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda: Thank you for your words of encouragement. Truly we need each other and I am most thankful to our L-RD for His faithfulness to His own.

    Blessings to you all. I will post as I can. ali

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blessings in the precious name of Jesus ali. I hope and pray all is well with your daughter and family.

    "The name of the LORD is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are safe."~Pr.18:10

    Love in Christ, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Surgery is recommended with radiation to follow. Without it,they have given her 15 months to live. She is in a hard place, a very hard place, she is scared and concerned for her teenage boys. Keep her in your prayers as she decided what to do next.

    ReplyDelete