Thursday, May 5, 2011

We live in such uncertain times - wars, rumors of wars, terror both here and abroad, strange signs in the sun, moon, and stars. And here on earth nations in turmoil, Libya, Egypt... Nations perplexed by roaring seas and strange tides, Japan, Southeast US.

But God has told His children "FEAR NOT."

God's ultimate goal for all His children is abundant life. He never intended we go through life focused on what evil, tragedy or turmoil surrounded us, nor did He promise there would be no evil, tragedy or turmoil surrounding us.

"Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble." Matthew 6:24

The good news is that we serve a God of absolute boundless love—a God of mercies who desires to bring His beloved children into a place high above all the evil, tragedy and turmoil.

Isaiah tells us: "fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand."


We must consider our own nothingness. As God spoke to Job, so too must He speak to us:

"Where were you when I..??.."

And like Job our response must be:

"I know that You can do all things; no plan of Yours can be thwarted. [You asked,] ‘Who is this that obscures My counsel without knowledge?’ Surely I [Job]spoke of things I did not understand..." Job 42

As with Job, so too must each of us realize that it is God who decides our beginning and our end and it is God who decides what to allow to come into our lives and what to withhold. 

We are the clay not the Potter so whatever comes into our lives in the next weeks, months, years ahead, our lives are in His hands and as His children, we must bring honor and glory to His Name,

there is no other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment