Tuesday, December 15, 2009

""Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.” Matthew 11:28

Which road have you chosen ~

The wide, popular road that pleases the world and brings earthly success -- or the narrow road so despised by the world? Only those who choose the latter will know the wonder of His eternal riches, the joy of His presence, and the peace that surpasses all human understanding.

In a world that has forgotten God's Word, refuses to surrender to God's Will while rejecting God's Way, we can expect intolerance, hostility and persecution. That's why Jesus warned us,

"If you were of the world, the world would love its own. Yet because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you.... If they persecuted Me they will persecute you... for they do not know the One who sent Me." John 15:19-21

Following Him, we have nothing of lasting significance to lose, and we have everything to gain! Walking with Jesus in His lowly path -- never ceasing to demonstrate His love, yet never compromising His truths to win approval -- we enjoy a peace and joy that far surpasses all earthly thrills. Our lives will be full of challenges, but He has promised to provide all the resources we need.

“My grace is sufficient for you," he assures us, "for My strength is made perfect in weakness.”

Hopefully, you and I will echo Paul's heartfelt response:

"Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong." 2 Corinthians 12:9-10

No comments:

Post a Comment