Thursday, July 11, 2013

"As I observe our nation and our churches, I am called to Ezekiel Chapter 8 where the Lord has Ezekiel dig into the wall of the Temple and instructs him to enter it: "So I went in and saw; and behold every form of creeping things, and abominable beasts, and all the idols of the house of Israel, portrayed upon the wall round about. And there stood before them seventy men of the elders of the house of Israel...Then said he unto me, Son of man, have you seen what the elders of the house of Israel do in the dark, every man in the chambers of his idols? for they say, The LORD sees us not; the LORD has forsaken the land. He said also unto me, Turn you yet again, and you shall see greater abominations that they do."

After showing Ezekiel how the elders worshipped the pagan gods, the Lord asks in verses 17-18, " Is it a light thing to the house of Judah that they commit the abominations which they commit here? for they have filled the land with violence, and have returned to provoke me to anger: and, lo, they put the branch to their nose. Therefore will I also deal in fury: my eye shall not spare, neither will I have pity: and though they cry in my ears with a loud voice, yet will I not hear them." We as a people must repent, call our nation to repentance, and begin to speak and act boldly that as Paul says in Ephesians 6:19, "to make known the mystery of the gospel." Otherwise, it is by God's natural law that we will suffer the consequences of our leaders, both individually and as a nation."
Bill Wilson/Daily Jot 

"... How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation..." Hebrews 2:3

No comments:

Post a Comment