Monday, July 6, 2015

"The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom.” “When I am afraid, I will trust in You.”

I read an article recently that admonished the reader to be afraid. My understand is, feel free to correct me if I am wrong, there is a vast difference between fear and being afraid.
Charles Spurgeon writes: “The believer when he is brought into peace with God does not tremble at the thought of God's power. He does not ask, "Will He plead against me with His great power?” But he says, “No, that very power, once my terror, and fear, is now my refuge and my hope, for He shall put that very power in me. I rejoice that God is Almighty, for He will lend me His omnipotence—’He will put strength into me.”‘ The very power, which would have damned my soul, saves my soul. The very power that would have crushed me, God puts into me that the work of salvation may be accomplished. No, He will not use it to crush me, but He will put that very strength into me.”


My fear of the LORD is demonstrated in my reverence, my respect for Him and my love. He is my Abba Father, a father that I trust, rely upon and am assured of His love for me, I can rest without fear. The unbeliever has no fear because he has no faith. Ah, but the child of God…. Our disobedience without repentance should break our hearts and perhaps cause us to tremble. If we truly are His child our hearts desire is to please our Father in all we say and in all we do. We strive to obey God because we love Him as our Abba Father.

As we hear threats of war, market crashes, bird flu, diagnosis of cancer, approaching persecution of Christians in America, water shortages, ISIS on Texas border, terrorism, FEMA camps, Jade Helm 15, sodomy… the LORD admonishes us to fear not. We have been called for such a time as this. REJOICE that our God is Sovereign and rules and reigns in the affairs of man. Do not diminish His power by worrying or wringing your hands in fear.

“This wonderful God at times and for reasons beyond our understanding allows us to face and experience suffering, adversity, misunderstanding and trials so that He might purge our self serving nature and mature us into a more mature Christian that is being weaned from our long history of a self absorbed lifestyle. Despite our crying and objections our God still rules in our affairs and in the affairs of men everywhere, answering our prayers to make us more into the image of His Son, Jesus Christ.” Rene Caza

FEAR NOT.!!.

No comments:

Post a Comment