Sunday, February 26, 2012

Things I have learned this past month.

Dig Deeper:  Too many are using a plastic spoon to dig for the treasures found in His Word when we should be using a backhoe.

All conflicts, trials, illness, sorrows, sufferings, sadness, grief, pain... all come through the hand of God [remember Job here] in order that we might be conformed to the image of His Son.  God cares little if we are happy, healthy or at peace with our world. What He does care about is that we are transformed into the image of His Son and it is only through the valley of the shadow of death will we arrive at this desired destination.

All healing comes from God. Doctors treat the illness, medicine controls the pain but neither can heal. God and God alone heals.

God heals in His time, in His way. The Name and Claim crowd says, 'blab it and grab it.' But I have learned through much suffering this is not always the will of God.

Could He chose to heal without the aid of doctors or medicine, YES. Does He? NOT often.  The question then is: "WHY?"  Without the trials and tribulations in our lives we would be an inch deep and a mile wide.  Our faith shallow at best; our witness non-existant.

About two months ago, I asked God to humble me, to remove anything in me that was not pleasing to Him - OUCH.!!. The past two weeks have been difficult as I have struggled to regain my strength after major surgery - still have a long way to go, but I am digging deeper, this time using a backhoe. Smiling through my pain, giving praises through my tears. I have learned the hard way not to presume to limit my God in the way He chooses to deal with me His child and to accept all adversity that comes into my life as a stepping stone that leads me to become more like my God and my King.

Amazing Grace, How sweet the sound,  That saved a wretch like me.
I once was lost, but now am found, was blind but now I see.

No comments:

Post a Comment